At FINCA Zambia, our customers come first. With the COVID-19 pandemic now affecting our country, we want to inform you, our valued customers, of the proactive steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our customers and staff as well as provide an update on the maintenance and continuity of our business.
As a result of the circumstances of COVID-19, FINCA Zambia has undertaken a restructuring of our business by cutting specific costs in line with projected revenue reductions. We are now well under-way with this project and the fruits of these efforts are already being realized.
As part of a large multinational micro-finance network, we are pleased to report our shareholders have injected significant levels of new equity to assist with the business’ continuity.
Our international lenders are actively engaged with us to ensure adequacy of funding. In-turn, we have already started restructuring loans for our customers negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Our commitment to the FINCA mission and our values of Warmth, Trust and Responsible Banking continue to define and guide us in everything we do, with no exceptions.
As part of our response to COVID-19 and to protect you, our customers, and our staff, we have instituted some changes in our branches:
- We are practicing social distancing in branches to minimize the risk of exposure to all customers and staff.
- Customers are encouraged to use non-physical means of transacting where possible. For example, using the FINCA Mobile Money solution. Please register with us if you have not done so already.
- We have transformed four branches into new “Cashless” Sales Offi ces where all cash transactions will be managed through a strengthened agent network.
- We have implemented a Work flow system that measures Turn Around Time of credit approvals and disbursements designed to improve the customer experience.
- We are in the process of upgrading our digital products and increasing usage of these products.
During this diffi cult time for our country, many thanks to you, our customers, in showing your unwavering support for us at FINCA. We look forward to continuing to support Financial Inclusion in Zambia.
Interim Chief Executive Offi cer